There are many different ways to enhance the aesthetics of your home via adding different types of lighting. Whether you are looking for the perfect exterior lighting to properly greet visitors when they come to your home at night or the perfect recessed lighting options for your family room, it takes some research. One of the most useful resources for me are the various books that have been written on this subject (mainly because they usually have great pictures in them that help me visualize the end results). So if you have a lighting project come up you may want to go over to Amazon or Borders and pick up one of the following great books:
1. Lighting Design & Installation: Techniques & Projects for Lighting Your Home and Landscape from Creative Publishing.
This book discusses different techniques and styles for home and landscape lighting.
2. Outdoor lighting: physics, vision and perception by Duco Schreuder
This book was released in 2008 and has 448 pages covering theoretical aspects of lighting as well as the basics of installing interior and exterior lighting.
3. Home Lighting by Stacey Berman
Learn techniques in light installation in various parts of your house, inside and out.
4. Home lighting from Southern Living
Published in 1999, this book has all the tips and techniques for lighting the inside and outside of your home.
5. Lighting: recipes & ideas, simple solutions for the home by Sally Storey
This 104-page book helps readers acquire comprehensive and practical techniques for your home’s lighting needs.
6. Residential Lighting: A Practical Guide to Beautiful and Sustainable Design by Randall Whitehead
Learn some lighting secrets to make your house and landscape fulfill their potential. This book will help you identify the right tools and processes to light up your home and yard.
7. Ideas for Great Home Lighting by Scott Atkinson
Obtain the most modern ideas for innovative and efficient methods for lighting your house. You can also find an extensive photo gallery in this book to illustrate the author’s points.
8. The Complete Home Lighting Book: Contemporary Interior and Exterior Lighting for the Home by James Davidson
This book explains several common principles of home lighting both inside and out.
9. How to design and install outdoor lighting by William H. W. Wilson
Learn to install and maintain lighting fixtures for the exterior of your home including a special focus on gardens and pool areas.
10. Indoor and outdoor lighting solutions by Larry Johnson
This 112-page book discusses various lighting techniques for your house that will fit your lifestyle. It has style guides for everything from casual to the most elegant.
11. The art of outdoor lighting: landscapes with the beauty of lighting by Randall Whitehead
This book also serves as directory for lighting and landscape designers as well as a basic guide for several exterior lighting design concepts.
12. Lighting the Home by Matthew Luckiesh
This 320-page book is a good source for unusual and helpful tips for using lighting in different ways.
13. The Home Lighting Effects Bible: Ideas and Know-How for Better Lighting in Every Part of Your Home by Lucy Martin
This book includes more than 200 solutions for various home lighting challenges. This book exhibits how lighting can transform the interior and exterior of your home.
14. Lighting modern buildings by Derek Phillips
This book is written by one of the best (most well-known) lighting designers. It illustrates various lighting techniques and their dramatic effects on your house.
15. Luxe Lighting: A Portfolio by Lighting Design Alliance
Learn the proper conjunction of lighting and architecture inside and outside your home to create that perfect effect.
16. The Art of Lighting: An International Profile of Home Lighting by Randall Whitehead
Discover the functional and stylistic aspect of lighting for your house’s exterior and interior.
17. Interior lighting for designers by Gary Gordon
Learn to amplify the artistic impact of your house through this book. The reader will be introduced to lighting jargon, perception and general design strategies.
18. Perfect Lighting: Inspiring Solutions for Every Room by Sally Storey
This is a reference book that helps readers achieve sophisticated lighting styles for their home’s interior and exterior.
19. How to Design and Install Outdoor Lighting (Ortho Library) by William H. W. Wilson
Want to get contemporary and stylistic ideas for your garden lighting? This book will teach you the proper installation of excellent garden lighting.
20. Decorative Lighting Ideas & Projects (Better Homes & Gardens) by Brian Kramer
Mr. Kramer introduces the readers the proper guidelines in lighting for various parts of your house.
21. Lighting Your Home: Inside and Out by Jane Cornell.
This book provides practical lighting installation tips as well. as a large amount of aesthetic theory surrounding lighting.
22. Light Your Home: A Comprehensive Guide to Practical and Decorative Lighting by Elizabeth Wilhide
House lighting does not need to be solely functional but should be aesthetic as well. Learn the various ways of enhancing your home’s appearance through proper lighting.
23. The Lighting Pattern Book for Homes by Russell P. Leslie
This book has some great tips on cost estimation, installation and maintenance. It’s a real practical book that will help you discover the most efficient way to get the lighting you want.
24. Lighting: Good Ideas by Marta Feduchi
This book describes various lighting solutions for your home from garden variety to really eccentric.
25. Kevin McCloud’s Lighting Book: The Ultimate Guide to Lighting Every Room in the Home by Kevin McCloud
This book explores the effective use of mood lighting and making sure that you select the right type of lighting for each room in your home.
26. Lighting: A Design Source Book by Elizabeth Wilhide
This is another interesting lighting design book that considers the proper mood that you are setting for each room through the use of lighting.
27. Bright Ideas: Professional Lighting Secrets for Your Home by Sharon McFarlane
-make your home a real haven by learning to light it the professional way. This book teaches the ideal way lighting the interior and exterior spaces of your abode.
28. Lighting Style by Kevin McCloud
In this book, lighting and furniture businessman Kevin McCloud has provided readers with an outstanding and complete guide to implementing various home lighting solutions.
29. Space and Light: How to Maximize the Potential of Your Home (Mitchell Beazley Interiors) by Katherine Sorrell
This book is filled with tips and guidelines for opening up spaces and brightening up homes through various lighting choices.
30. Soma Basics: Lighting by Sebastian Conran
The photography/illustrations in this book are fantastic and really help you to grasp the concepts that the author is emphasizing. If you are a visual learner, then this book will be very helpful for you.
31. Lighting 2000: A Guide to the Best in Contemporary Lighting Design by Tina Skinner
This book is the result of a collaboration of the top 60 European and American lighting designers.
32. Right Light: Lighting Essentials for the Home by Lisa Skolnik
Skolnik discovers the comfortable and bright effects of proper lighting inside and outside your home.
33. Designing with Light by Victoria Meyers
This book is a good resource in finding the right lighting style for your home. Learn the ideal lighting for different spaces in your residence—inside and out.
34. Lighting Kitchens and Baths by Jane Grosslight
Grosslight provides several lighting solutions for bathrooms and kitchens.
35. Ultimate Lighting Design by Herve Descottes
This is a great book from a lighting designer/artist. The illustrations are amazing and show you just how much can be accomplished through proper lighting.
36. Lighting by Design by Sally Storey
This book discovers the essence of lighting your home’s interior and exterior. It has tips and guidelines especially for pool areas.
37. Lighting Your Home by R. Beigel
This 144-page book is a good source on lighting tips for both inside and outside your home.
38 . Garden Lighting by John Raine
Improve your garden’s appearance through lighting. This book will describe how you can provide the perfect lighting for your flower garden and/or other gardens.
39. My Lighting Collection: From Pine Splints to Led Lights by William R. Smith
A collection of lighting that you can utilize in home and landscape lighting.
40. Design Ideas for Basements (2nd Edition) by Wayne Kalyn
This book teaches readers the proper way of lighting their basement. It also provides readers with different solutions for the types of challenges that are common in basements.